I researched a bunch of corn muffin recipes and came up with a combination of my own. The combination of coconut oil and lime give them a unique flavor. I also created a vegan version so more people could eat them. It’s hard to tell the difference in this case.
- 1 cup whole corn flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rice milk + 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 egg using Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacement1
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil OR coconut oil LIQUID
- 1 teaspoon ReaLime® juice
- 1-2 drops lime essential oil OR 2nd tsp ReaLime
Makes 1 dozen muffins
Approximate Prep time = 30mins
Cooking Time = 15mins
- Grease muffing pan with Crisco® or fake butter.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Stir in the wet ingredients until smooth
- Ladle in the mix (it’s thick) about 1/2 up pan
- Bake 400deg for 15mins
If the coconut oil is solid, heat it gently to melt it first. After the baked muffins are out of the oven a few minutes, I able to bang the pan on the counter to loosen the muffins.
1Make them VEGAN for best results. They hold together well but are dry when using real milk and eggs. A little more milk is needed (maybe add some butter). In any case, they are best when toasted and buttered.